As usual on a sunny autumn afternoon, I was on my way to the park to take the pooches for their second stroll of the day. Sam (my border collie) and his best friend Thayer (a statuesque Munsterlander) usually get pretty excited as soon as we hit the park gate and are rearing to run onto the splay of grass just beyond. On this particular afternoon however, the weather was gorgeous - sunny, but not too hot with a cool gentle breeze. In England, as this weather is a rare occurence, people of all shapes and sizes were dotted all over the beautiful laws playing games and feasting on picnics.
For Sam the park plays a multitude of roles: a place to run, a place to meet friends, a place to play ball and fetch .... and of course..... a toilet. As needs must, the urge to relieve the building pressure in his colon grabbed him before I had the presence of mind to usher him away to a secluded spot. Not only did he make a very swift beeline from the gate to the lawn, he also decided that the most appropriate place for this particular doodoo was right in the very center of a family cricket game. Before I could even verbalize my inner need to scream "nooooooooo sammmm" and do a baseball dive to catch the offending excrement.....my lovely collie sat equidistant between bowler and batter and got ready to squat down.
So here we have that fabulous moment that I would like to freeze for just on second. Me, scrambling towards a collie going about moving his bowels; collie, minding his own business doing you-know-what...... mother of cricket playing family, sending evil-eyed shock&horror virtual daggers in my direction. As her stare practically burned acid holes into me, my usually cool zen exterior cracked for a second to let out a rather sharp tongued " Its quite alright really, I am going to pick it up and wipe the grass too". An absolute second later he husband ( I am assuming) steps out behind her and say " Its ok, I am just admiring your gorgeous dogs".
WOW, balance right there ... lady angry at my dog ( I am sure angry at me too) and then guy behind her not angry at my dog or me. Now I was intrigued to look further, if that equilibrium was outside my mind, where was it reflected inside my mind? what made me have that reaction? Well, there was a little bit of remorse for the doodoo in the bowling path but that was pretty quickly balanced out by my internal chatter being quite bitchy about "those darn people that only use the park when its pretty and sunny, unlike the dog owners who are in the park all year round, rain or shine": internal pit and pedestal right there.
Character Trait of the day:)
SELF-RIGHTEOUS
adjective: confident of one's own righteousness, esp. when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behaviour of others.
Haha, I was being self-righteous right back at her right there.
One intial down, 50 to go:):)
Happy collapsing:) happy methoding just doesn't sound right.
StephX
No comments:
Post a Comment