Sunday, 20 June 2010

Where to start? A roadmap to life after Breakthrough

Well done, you have just survived one of the most exhilarating and trying experiences of your life, you have completed the two days of THE BREAKTHROUGH EXPERIENCE with Dr John Demartini. How do you feel? What changed? Anything particular happen in the week after BTE?

Watching the attendees of the last Breakthrough experience leave the auditorium of the Copthorne Tara Hotel in Kensington on sunday evening reminded me of that bewilderingly fascinating experience ... my very first Breakthrough.

Let me first say this; no Breakthrough Experience is the same, every time you attend something will have shifted from before and as such you are attending in essence "same but different". There will be new buttons, new challenges, old challenges in new form, your goals may have shifted, your values may have shifted, the list is truly endless. And thats just the collapses you do on others ... by your second or third Breakthrough you may be ready to go for doing the quantum collapse process on yourself - a truly mind-altering, thought bending, perceptive balancing experience ( you'd be surprised how much you never knew about yourself, and thats excluding the stuff you aren't willing to admit to anyone). Each time you hear Dr Demartini different topics will jump out at you, different people will be drawn to you in the last step and you will be chosen as a reflection by different people - giving you even deeper insights into the magnificence of you life.

There is NO such thing as "I'm done", this journey has no end destination - a new set of polarities will emerge after each moment of balance is perceived. Tthere is always more to learn, new things to discover about you and the people in your life and the complex perfection of all those connections. Sound exhausting???? it just goes on and on and on and on ... lol, thats exactly what I thought. Here is the good news:):) this isn't a race, there is no prize for coming first, besides.... you are the only person in the running. The part of universal law that still tickles me every time is when I hear someone say " I have come off the path ... I need to get back on it" ....There is NO such thing as not on the path, so even if you think you are "off" the path or not "on track" you are actually always in the perfect place ... no matter what, you cannot get it wrong.

Wait, don't wait. be nice, don't be nice, be mean, don't be mean ... do whatever you like because no matter where when or how, the universe is always there balancing you or any given situation out. Even if you choose not to see the balance in a given person or situation, your faithful friend the universe will always serve you up the same dish of learning in a multitude of different ways. Even if you think that for example you are in a very difficult/challenging relationship you absolutely have to collapse it otherwise the karmic God of thunder and lightning will zap you.... the next relationship will do just fine. Leave, don't leave - either way learning will come your way.

In truth, there is no such thing as missing the train to enlightenment and if life was like one of those 70's game shows where a passing conveyor belt of items had to be remembered and recounted in perfect order for prizes, the conveyor belt of your life would most likely resemble one of those airport luggage stands ... where the same suitcase comes by again and again and again. I can just imagine instead of toaster, a set of dishes, coffee maker, umbrella, soft toy ... it would probably sound like this: boundaries, expecting others to live according to our values, perceiving one-sided illusions about more challenge than support ... and the same over and over and over. This really does give new meaning to the old saying "Same shit, different day" ... but of course SHIT being S-piritually H-armonizing I-ntelligent T-ruth as Dr Demartini explains on many of his colorful seminars.

So now for the practical stuff, because it only really works if you work it .. much like watching exercise videos doesn't actually make you fit, unless you actually do it every day to build muscle and increase metabolism. I like to think of building the muscle of your mind and the metabolism being the speed at which your system can make the connections: i.e: see the benefits, drawback, etc.
Of course different methods suit different people and everyone really has their own style of integrating this work into their life. I tried a couple of different strategies and for me I need something to remind me about balance and perception last thing at night and first thing in the morning. If I just jump up or drift off, "life" or what I like to call autopilot sets in and all over a sudden someone finishing the last piece of toilet paper or not buying new milk seems to take on mammoth armageddon like significance.

I experimented with this first thing in the morning and last thing at night with a journal, meditation, books etc and the best way it works for me is this. During the day I keep a watch out for things that push me, nudge me or just simply annoy me. I used to write them down but now thanks to my new phone i just voice record it - I also assign a value to it 1-5, 1 being so so and 5 being steam coming from my ears mad. In the evening I then quickly journal or do a lil line on it. Just before I fall asleep, instead of counting sheep I just say a quiet thank you list of all the things I appreciated in the past day. Next morning (depending on time and inclination) I either read a bit of one of Dr D's books or continue the line started the night before. Before I jump out of best I quickly look at my mission statement, zip zap .. ready to take on the day. I am talking no more than 10 minutes am and pm and sometimes not even that, sometimes its just a "thank you, I love you" or a quick visualization of the day ahead. I'm fairly flexible with this, but just making that small commitment is a phenomenal way to start off you practice of balanced perception living.

Because I am such a people person, I have found that I seem to stick with habits longer if they involve interactions with other of a similar inclination. If you are in London, the London Demartini Study group meets once a month and hosts a different facilitator each time presenting a different topic, taking your understanding of the work deeper and deeper.
The London Demartini Collapse Club is all about doing the work and keeping you working. Each month we tackle a different topic slowly (but surely) chipping away at the blocks to balancs.

Through Stighlitz or the Demartini Institute in South Africa you can find out about facilitators in your area of perhaps you already met a facilitator who is able to coach you/answer your questions via skype or phone.

In my opinion ( and it is just my opinion that suits my values) I like the following strategy

1) 1-2-1 coaching for those "stubborn stains", persons or situations that REALLY bug you or that you have tried and tried to deal with.

2) Workshops: I personally present the following range of topics... these look at the various areas in much more detail and you have more time to really get to understand and work on the exercises:
  • Transformation workshop - a mini version of your past weekend, a breakthrough opportunity in itself.
  • The power of values - the hierarchy of your values dictates your life and as such this workshop is a key building block to all that underlies communicating with other and understanding yourself.
  • Nothing is Missing - where we deal with grief, loss or simply a perception of not enough, whatever that may be
  • Relationships - Understanding why this area of life is such a minefield of misunderstanding. In this workshop we look at understanding as well and building relationships.
  • Finding you inner Balance - continuing the Motor-sensory exercise from the Breakthough Experience where we identify specific memories during the spread of our life and looking at exactly where and how balance ie: challenge and support presented itself. This exercise is particularly useful in moving forward in your life, especially if fear, depression or doubt has held you back.
3) Find out how YOU want to be connected with this work and how it can gently remind and nudge you in the direction of balanced perception thinking. Do you work better alone, in a group, do you need to set aside a particular time in a week to do your lines etc. It has to fit YOUR life to be truly sustainable.

This particular quote is a great reminder of how important it is to KEEP AT IT at whatever pace is right for you:)

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" Albert Einstein

Happy collapsing
xoxo
S








No comments:

Post a Comment